04 July 2009

Moving to Denver

It has certainly been a while since I have updated this blog. My life has been pretty busy though, so it's understandable that I wouldn't really have time to comment about things that have come my way recently.

Today is Day 4 of living in Denver, CO (as if there is any other Denver out there that matters :P) and so far it has been blissful, but stressful at the same time. This is independence at it's finest and most problematic, so it has been an interesting adjustment. Besides a little monetary boost from the parentals before moving out here, I am all on my own with everything. Some things have been trial and error, but I am feeling great about finally being "grown up" enough to be on my own (and far enough from home that I have no other option but to stick it out!).

I am also living with my fiance for the first time. We have basically spent every single day and night together since we started dating, but this is the first time we are actually co-owners of a place. Despite what most people might believe, this is actually a new situation for both of us. We have to combine both our spaces and preferences into one area. While we have similar tastes in most aspects, there are areas that we do differ on and it has been interesting to figure those things out. But, it has been a lot of fun setting up a place where we own everything and being really independent. Once we finish all of the unpacking (and there is still a lot to go), I will be so excited to share pictures of our new place! However, we are already looking for a new apartment for next summer because we are looking for more of a long-term place to stay, instead of the "temporary-ness" that comes with being on-campus. Luckily the University area has TONS of options for very close off-campus apartments, so I don't think we will be having much of a problem. I love being in a metro area for graduate school! It makes life so much easier!

Other than unpacking and getting adjusted to the new place, there really isn't much else going on in my life. Some interviews for my field internship are coming up (one at Kaiser Permante on Monday!) and I am going to begin the process of looking for a job next week as well. One of my father's contacts is here in Denver and he agreed to help me look for a job. We will see what comes up!!!

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment